100 Sample Citizenship Interview Test Practice Questions
SECTION 3: INTEGRATED CIVICS (New Test Questions)
Note: If you are applying for citizenship application after Oct 1, 2008,
when you are having an interview with a Citizenship Officer, you will be asked some of the questions
listed below. To prepare for your interview test, the best tool you can use is the Free U.S. Citizenship Test Practice System.
* If you are 65 years old or older and have been a legal permanent resident of the United States for 20 or more years, you may study just the questions that have been marked with an asterisk.
Part A: Geography
88. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States.
Free United States Citizenship Practice Test
89. What ocean is on the West Coast of the United States?
90. What ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?
91. Name one U.S. territory.
U.S. Virgin Islands
Northern Mariana Islands
92. Name one state that borders Canada.
93. Name one state that borders Mexico.
94. What is the capital of the United States?*
Free U.S. Citizenship Test Web Site.
95. Where is the Statue of Liberty?*
New York (Harbor)
[Also acceptable are New Jersey, near New York City, and on the Hudson (River).]
Part B: Symbols
96. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
because there were 13 original colonies
because the stripes represent the original colonies
97. Why does the flag have 50 stars?*
because there is one star for each state
because each star represents a state
because there are 50 states
98. What is the name of the national anthem?
The Star-Spangled Banner
Part C: Holidays
99. When do we celebrate Independence Day?*
100. Name two national U.S. holidays.
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Go back to Sample Questions Section 1 AMERICAN GOVERNMENT